Services and Fees
Our landlords range from people with one property, who want a ‘tenant only’ service, through to experienced landlords with substantial property portfolios, looking for a fully managed service. They know they can trust our team to help deliver a good return on their investment, whether they are in the student, professional or family property letting market.
We handle everything from valuations and advertising, and checking references and setting up the tenancy agreement, through to managing all aspects of regulatory compliance and safety, such gas and electricity inspections, plus rent reviews and refurbishments.
If you want to let student or professional accommodation and are looking for reliable tenants paying a good market rent call our office on 01243 537571 or email email@example.com
Our Let Only service benefits landlords who'd like our knowledge and expertise in finding quality tenants but who would like to manage the property themselves.
Our Rent Collection PLUS Service is entirely unique and is designed for landlords who require the Full management package but want to organise the maintenance repairs themselves but don’t want the day to day phone calls. We handle all the Tenant maintenance reporting and pass this onto the landlord.
The Fully Managed service is designed to take care of everything and relieves landlords from the commitments associated with being a full time landlord
‘Let only’ Service includes:
- A full range of advertising services - We will take professional photographs of your property and make note of all of the key features your property has to offer. We will then use these to advertise your property on our website.
- Putting a let board up outside the property, if relevant, to achieve maximum interest.
- Arranging and accompanying all viewings.
- Fully referencing all tenants (usually bank, employment, landlord and guarantor)
- Providing and arranging the signing of tenancy agreements.
- Collecting the first month's rent and damage deposit (usually one month's rent)
- Setting up standing orders for future rent payments
- Ensuring tenants receive keys or arranging a meeting with the landlord for key transfer.
- Providing the landlord with all of the necessary paperwork after move-in and rent payments minus our fee.
- Expert advice and guidance
'Let only' standard charge: 50% of one month's rent
'Rent Collect PLUS' service includes:
This service includes the above, plus:
- Completing a full property inventory, including photographs of all contents to show the condition of the property upon move-in.
- Collecting the damage deposit and lodging it with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) as prescribed by law.
- Receive and log all maintenance issues with the landlord. All landlords are provided with log in details to view all logged issues and requests.
- Receive all rents and remit to the Landlord
- Providing the landlord with monthly statements.
- Negotiating tenancy renewals and pursuing rent arrears.
- Take meter readings, notify all utility companies
- No tenancy renewal fees promise
'Rent Collection PLUS Service' standard charge: 8% of the monthly rent plus £365* set up fee
'Fully managed' service includes:
This service includes the above, plus:
- Carrying out three inspections per year, which will be increased if the property is not being looked after correctly.
- Renewing gas certificates, EPCs, PAT tests, Periodic Electrical reports and HMO certificates (charges will apply).
- Providing a first-line response for all maintenance calls. These are logged on our system, and if necessary, quotes will be arranged so contractors can be instructed. Collecting rent, and transferring it to your account.
- 24 Call out emergency maintenance service
- Organising the service of notice as required by law.
- Carrying out check-out inspections to minimise cleaning and maintenance after move-out.
- Overseeing deposit disputes at the end of the tenancy.
- No management fees payable when property vacant.
- Specialist advice and assistance throughout
- Discount available for landlords with 3+ properties.
'Fully managed' standard charge: 10% of the monthly rent plus £365* set up fee
*For our Rent Collection Plus and Full Managed service, there is a ONE-OFF set up fee of £365 payable on the very first let (includes inventory). Thereafter you will only be charged the Full Managed fee - no matter how many times we need to re-let your property over time. Updates to inventories will be chargeable each year if required.
We can arrange the following items, and in most cases the cost can be deducted from the first month's rent:
- Gas Safety Certificates - These are required by law under the Gas Safety Regulations 1998.
- Energy Performance Certificates - These are also required by law.
- House in Multiple Occupation licences
- Key Cutting
- Electrical Safety Certificates (valid for five years)
- Portable Appliance Tests (required on HMO properties)
- Tenancy Renewal Fees
- Notices of Possession
- Renewal of inventory
- Check out report
If you wish to talk through your requirements, or if you require any further information on anything to do with letting your property, please do not hesitate to contact us
“This was my first student let, so I needed help to ensure that I purchased a suitable property capable of meeting all the legislative and University requirements. The team at MyStudentLet made the whole process less daunting. They advised me on the most appropriate style and location...”Mr and Mrs Wilson, Felpham More
“We are overseas landlords with two properties in Chichester and so leave everything to mystudent let to manage .They have found us suitable tenants and have looked after everything very efficiently and we are extremely pleased with the service they offer.”Mr and Mrs Davies, Crepe, France More
“MyStudentLet stepped in just when I needed them. I dealt with Catherine when at Chichester University and was delighted to discover that she was branching out and running her own letting company. MyStudentLet have provided me with a confident, competent and professional...”T O’Connell, Emsworth More
“Running a rental property privately can be stressful as I found out the hard way. Not anymore! MyStudentLet are efficient, reliable and friendly. As well as sourcing tenants seamlessly, they also came up with great ideas on how to improve efficiency...”J Sullivan, Fareham More
“1) MyStudentLet were very easy to deal with, communicating well throughout the tenancy. They were nice and friendly and it made me feel at ease knowing they were looking after my property.”A Collett.More
“2) Professional and honest, giving practical and specialist advice ensuring my property met the required safety requirements.”J Young.More
Landlords Already Decided
Click here to instruct us today?
Free Landlords Guide
Click here to instruct us today
Sign up to email newsletter
Latest market news, free advice & more for landlords? Sign Up
No Sponsors Found